Rose
                                                           Fanfics                                                           
[Home]

Pictures

Summaries

Voices

Fanart

>Fanfics<

MultiMedia

Schedule

News

AW Interactive

About Me

Sign My Guestbook

View My Guestbook

Links

Home



 

Make It Double!
By Kelly Barina

Author's note: Well, you probably know the routine already. All Pokemon charaters(except for Raquel) are trademarks of Warner Brothers and were used without permission. Well, now that that's done, on with the show! : )


"To protect the world from devastation!" Jessica, the feminine side of Team Rocket, began.

"And make it double!" James, the male side, added.

"Oh no! It's Team Rocket!" Misty cried.

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team rocket blasts off at the speed of light!'

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!" Meowth, their furry partner, concluded.

"Bombs away!" they shouted. They tossed tiny, yet devastating bombs off of their flying balloon. Ash, Misty, Brock, and a small Pikachu that belonged to Ash, the youngest trainer out of the trio tried to dodge the explosives.

"Pika-pi!" Pikachu called to its trainer.

"Pikachu! Don't worry! I've got ya!" Ash reassured his frightened pokemon as he rushed toward it courageously.

"Ash, no!" Misty shrieked. Ash scooped the electric mouse into his arms...and was blown against the rock hard wall by the blast! Misty and Brock dashed over to the fallen Pokemon trainer's side, forgetting their bookbags, which held their prized pokeballs. "Ash, are you okay?"

"Pikachu..." Ash muttered, weakly.

"Pikachu? You mean you lost him?" Brock asked.

"Pikachu..." Ash mumbled again.

"Pikachu! Pikachu, where are you?" Misty screamed.

"Pika! Pikachu!" Pikachu shouted.

"Look! Team Rocket's got Pikachu!" Misty cried.

"And our backpacks!" Brock observed. Team Rocket began floating skyward with their stolen pokemon.

"Team Rocket! Bring back my Pikachu!" Ash demanded as he mustered the strength to stand boldly.

"In your dreams, twerp!" Jessie snapped.

"Wheezing, Smokescreen now!" James ordered as he set free his poisonous pokemon. Wheezing blew a musty gas toward the set of three. They coughed as the stench clogged their lungs.

When the smoke cleared, they searched franticly for their pokemon. They were all gone!

"They're...gone," Misty gasped.

* * * * * *

"That was too easy!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Like taking candy from a baby!" James responded.

"The boss'll be pleased with us!"

"But who...?" Jessie started, eyeing her teammates suspiciously.

"...Will get...?" James continued.

"...Da credit?" Meowth finished.

"If it wasn't for me, we never would've escaped!" he snapped defensively.

"Well, I threw the bombs!" Jessie countered.

"I captured Pikachu!" Meowth retorted. They glared at each other menacingly. Suddenly, James' expression changed. They had all pitched in to help so maybe they each deserved some credit. That seemed fair, right?

"We're a team. We did it together, so we'll split it evenly."

"Yeah," Meowth agreed, a sneer curling his lips.

"I guess so," Jessie snarled.

"Now come on. Let's concentrate on our getaway," James suggested.

"Good idea," Jessie replied, surveying the predicament. "Well, they'll be able to spot us in our balloon..."

"...So let's go on foot! Clear for landing!"

"Roger, Jimmy!" Meowth shouted as he steered the balloon safely onto the ground, maneuvering expertly.

Once they all had piled out of the large air balloon, a loud, frantic, familiar sound came to their ears.

"Pikachu! Hey, Pikachu! Where are you, buddy?" Ash cried.

"Pikapi!" Pikachu called in joy. James covered the tiny pokemon's mouth with his rubber glove.

"Oh, no! It's the twerp trio! Quick! We have to hide!" James hissed.

"Hide where?" Jessie asked.

"Up the tree!" He and Meowth climbed up with ease, but Jessie was having some difficulty. She wrapped her arms around the tree and tried to pull herself up the trunk, but ended up sliding back down instead. "What are you wasting time for, Jess? Hurry up! The twerps will be here any minute!"

"I'm wearing a skirt, James, and a very tiny one at that. I can't climb with my stylish outfit. It's not very ladylike," Jessie protested.

"Well, are you more worried about getting caught or giving a couple of squirrels a sideshow? " Meowth demanded.

"I'm not worried about that!" Jessie snapped, her cheeks reddening.

"Hey, Ash, did you hear that?" Misty questioned.

"It sounded like voices," Brock added.

"And it's coming from over there! Come on!" Ash ordered. Team Rocket heard the pounding of footsteps coming closer.

"James, help me up! Help me up!" Jessie whispered franticly. James handed Pikachu to Meowth then leaped down from the tree branch and took Jess by the waist. "James, what are you doing? Do you have a plan?"

"You could say that," James replied. "All right, Meowth, do as I say. Grab Jessie's hands and try to lift her up."

Meowth tugged on her hands, but didn't get anywhere.

"Not woikin, James!"

"Time to switch to plan 'B'! Jess, try to stand on my shoulders." She placed her feet nervously on his sturdy shoulders, wobbling from side to side.

"James, don't you dare let me fall!" she ordered in fright.

"Don't worry, Jess. I got you. Now try to jump onto the branch."

"But...but what if I fall?"

"I'll catch you! Now jump!" Jessie launched herself off of James and onto the branch. She sighed deeply as she placed a hand over her heart.

"What about you?" she queried in concern

"What aboutt me?" James hid silently behind the thick trunk of an old willow.

"It's coming from over here!" Ash responded as he and his friends searched. Sweat poured down James' forehead as he pressed his back against the trunk nervously. "Look!"

They had spotted him for sure. Well, there went his 'flawless' plan. Now what would they have for the Boss? Nothing! He wouldn't be too happy about that. They hadn't brought him any rare and valuable for months!

"Look!" Ash repeated. "It's a candy wrapper! Which reminds me-we haven't eaten in hours..."

"Oh, Ash, stop worrying about your stomach! We hafta find Pikachu!" Misty yelled in annoyance.

"You're right. Let's keep searching. Pikachu! Pikachu!" As their voices faded out in the distance, James sighed in relief.

"That was close!" James breathed.

"James, are you all right?" Jessie asked.

"Fine. Now let's hurry before they come back!"

"Right! Ya got Pikachu?" Meowth queried.

"It's in the bag, Meowth," Jessie replied holding out a bag with their stolen pokemon. Then she turned to her fleeing friend. "James, why did you save me back there?"

"Would you have preferred me to leave you?"

"No, but...I've never done anything like that for you."

"Well, it's like I said earlier-we're a team. A team has to stick together. I just hope you're grateful for that."

"Why should I be grateful that you saved my life?" James sighed. She'd never change.

"I don't know, Jess. It's just a thought."

"Well, leave the thinking to me and keep running!"

"Aye, aye, Jessie! The Boss' Headquarters should be this way!"

"Wait!" Jessie cried out. She stopped in her tracks and pulled out a tiny mirror. She peered in at her perfect complexion and gasped in shock. "My makeup's coming off! I need more!"

"More makeup? But that could take forever!" James whined.

"I'm not going anywhere without my makeup!" James folded his arms as Meowth paced impatiently. James gazed up at the sky and found that it was almost dark.

"Jess..."

"If you're trying to convince me to give it up, you're wasting your time."

"It's not that. It's just getting dark out so I think we should just set up camp and bring the pokemon to the Boss in the morning."

"Good idea. I'm glad I thought of it." They quietly rolled out their sleeping bags and drifted off to sleep...

"James,...James,..." a voice called to the resting thief. James stirred in his sleeping bag sluggishly.

"Hmm? Huh?" James muttered.

"Wake up!" Meowth hissed. James rubbed the sleep out of his eyes in annoyance.

"What do you want, Meowth?"

"Come on! Let's swipe those pokemon for ourselves! We'll get in good with the Boss and I'll be top cat again!"

"Hold it, Meowth! We can't do that!" Meowth clasped a paw over James' mouth.

"Keep your voice down, stupid! You wanna wake her?"

"But Meowth, Jessie deserves some credit too!"

"So what? Stop askin questions and let's get goin!" James watched as the devious feline approached their stolen pokemon. What could he do? Jessie was his teammate! He couldn't betray her, could he?

"Wait! Meowth, this doesn't feel right. I can't do it."

"And why not?" Meowth sighed. James was being so difficult. If he hadn't been the only member that knew the way to headquarters, he would've stole them for himself!

"James, do you remember the last time we managed to steal sometin? Jessie went right under our noses and took em' to get da credit for herself!"

"Well...," James trailed off. Meowth had a point. But did he have the guts or the backbone to pull it off?

"Do you want dat to happen again, James?"

"No, but...oh, all right, Meowth." James and Meowth tiptoed to where they had hidden the pokemon, but to their shock and disbelief Pikachu and the others were gone!

"Do you think Jess got to them already?"

"Nope. Look dere." Meowth pointed to a limp rope lying on the floor. "Pikachu must've broken free and taken the rest of da pokemon!"

"Look, Meowth! He missed two!" Two tiny pokeballs lying on the ground. James picked them up and observed them keenly. "I guess this'll have to do."

"James? Meowth? Where are you?" a voice came from camp.

"She's awake!" Meowth gasped. Meowth and James took off into the night with their stolen goods.

"James?" She checked on their priceless items and to her shock and disbelief, they were missing! "Those traitors!"

* * * * * * *

As Meowth and James rushed through the darkness, panting for air, James clutched the pokeballs tightly to his chest. He felt...different. Weird. Almost...guilty. He knew that Team Rocket members had to strive to do wrong, but to his own teammate?

"Meowth, I think we should turn back. Jessie's..."

"Shut up and keep moving!" Meowth ordered. James pursed his lips in protest, but continued after Meowth. Well, he was already this far. There was no turning back for him, but he couldn't help feeling...wrong.

"Quit daydreaming!" Meowth snapped.

"I'm going, Meowth. I'm going." James fed him up sometimes. If only he knew the way to Headquarters himself. Then he wouldn't hafta deal with that idiot. At least he wouldn't have to be with him much longer. Once James led him to the Boss, he'd ditch him, just like he did to Jessie. He would do anything to be top cat again...anything.

* * * * *

"Pikachu! Pikachu! Where are you, Buddy?" Ash called.

"Team Rocket couldn't have gotten too far!" Misty shouted to Ash. "If anything's happened to them, I'll never forgive myself. Oh, Ash, what'll we do?" Misty sobbed.

"I wish I knew, Misty."

"Don't give up hope yet! They're here somewhere!" Brock encouraged. Suddenly, a shadowy figure leaped out of the bushes and before the unsuspecting trainers. Misty clung onto Ash's arm in fright.

"Wh-who are you?" Ash stuttered.

The tiny form walked over to them and squeaked out, "Pika-pi."

* * * * * *

"We've brought you some rare and valuable pokemon, sir," James announced.

"Excellent. Where are they?" Giovanni demanded.

"Here, sir." James humbly handed the pokemon to his feared and respected Boss. Giovanni released them from their pokeballs and was angered to find Bulbasuar and Squirtle inside.

"Is this your idea of a joke?"

"No, sir. I thought..."

"You thought?! Well, you thought wrong, James! You can have these misfits!" He hurled the balls back at James and he caught them in disbelief. He pressed a button on his intercom.

"Dispose of these two! They are of no use to me!"

James glanced out form the corner of his eye at Meowth nervously. Two members immediately rushed into the office and took hold of James and Meowth.

"But, Boss," Meowth pleaded. "We did manage to steal des two! We'll do better next time! We promise!"

Boss Giovanni folded his arms across his chest and pondered as Meowth and James struggled to get away.

"Wait. They may be useful after all."

"Yes, Boss Giovanni," they acknowledged as they released them. They sighed in relief.

"I have decided to give you one last chance to redeem yourselves. I am placing you with a more experienced member. She will show you how it is done. This is your last chance. Don't screw up again. Understood?"

"Yes, sir!" They responded fearfully.

"Good. Send Raquel in," Giovanni barked into the intercom.

"I have one last question though..." James began timidly. Giovanni stared threateningly at him.

"It will only take a second," he added quickly. "What will happen to Jessie?"

"Team Rocket has no need for members like her." He immediately requested the presence of all of his most successful members in his office through the intercom.

"Jessica has been officially excommunicated from Team Rocket. But she may know too much. I want you to scour the globe for this fugitive and eliminate her. Notify me as soon as you find her."

"But Jess did nothing wrong!" James protested on his friend's behalf. He felt the cold glares of all present in the office staring down on him. "Well, in my eyes anyway."

"Now go and don't disappoint me." A beautiful teenage girl strolled into the room as the troops marched out.

"Oh, am I late?" she asked.

"No, Raquel. You're right on time. I would like to introduce your new teammate, James."

"Hello, James. I will do my best in teaching him."

"See that you do." Raquel lead him from Headquarters, chattering on and on about anything and everything.

"Wow! What a knockout! She's an improvement compared to Jess!" Meowth hissed. If he ever wanted to see Jess again, he had to act fast. Time was running out for the former Team Rocket trio!

"Ah ha! Now I've found you!" a familiar voice shouted.

"Jess! What are you doin' here?" Meowth exclaimed in shock.

"I'm getting my share of the credit; that's what I'm doing!" she retorted as she glared angrily at him.

"Jess, please go. You're in danger. Just run," James begged.

"Oh, don't give me that! I know what you're doing! I'm not stupid, James!"

"Jessie, please just trust me on this one, okay?"

"No! I've had enough of your games!" Suddenly, a whole army of Team Rocket members rushed out and

surrounded Jessie guns raised.

"Ready...aim...FIRE!!!" they shouted. A thick cloud of fog immediately engulfed them as the shots were heard.

"Jessie! Jessie, no!" James cried.

"Ha ha! You think it's that easy to get rid of the great Jessica? I think not!" Jessie cackled. "As for you, James, don't think you've seen the last of me!"

"It's been nice knowing you, James," Meowth responded, a chill going down his spine.

"Don't worry, partner, I'll make sure you never have to lay eyes on her ever again," Raquel assured him as she wrapped her arms around him defensively. James glanced at the teenager before him and back into the fog where Jess had disappeared into and wondered whether that was good or bad.

* * * * *


Jessie staggered through the forest, running from her former best friend. Why was she running? Where could she go? She was running from James, the one person who knew her better than she knew herself! He knew everything about her!

Maybe she should just turn herself in. Nobody would miss her anyway. Both of her very best friends had already betrayed her, so there was no point in fighting it. Besides, if she didn't turn herself in to James, Cassidy and Butch would catch her.

There was one thing she just didn't understand though- why? After all that they had been through, why did he betray her? Why? How could he? She had trusted him and he had turned around and stabbed her repeatedly. First when he stole from her and yet again when he took her job from her and turned the entire headquarters against her.

And why was that girl he was with? Had he found a replacement for her already? Then she rammed into a tall figure and they both collapsed onto the ground. She had been too deep in thought to notice anyone in her path.

The figure got to his feet and hovered over Jessie menacingly. It was probably one of the members of Team Rocket out to get her. Oh well. There was no use in fighting it now. She might as well give in.

"So, Jessie, we meet again," the figure replied. His voice seemed strangely familiar. Was it Butch? Nope. Not deep enough. James? No...it was somewhat...younger. Could it be...? "So where's my Bulbasaur? And my Squirtle?"

Yes! It was the twerp!

"How should I know?" Jessie snapped. "Ask the love birds!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Brock demanded.

"I've been fired, okay? I've been replaced by a snotty little brat!"

"So you mean James and Meowth have Ash's pokemon?" Misty questioned skeptically.

"Which part of it didn't you understand?"

"I don't believe you."

"Fine then. Don't believe me. Search me if you want. You'll find nothing." Ash, Misty and Brock huddled together, discussing their next move.

"Now what?" Brock asked.

"We're gonna have to believe her. There's no other possible answer. This time she may actually be telling the truth," Ash said.

"But what if she's lying?"

"Well, what have we got to lose?"

"You're pokemon, that's what!" Misty retorted.

"We've got no other choice, Misty. We have to give it a shot." They turned back to Jessie.

"Do you know where James and Meowth are?" Ash queried.

"No," she sighed. "But don't worry. They'll show up sooner or later to get me."

"To get you? Why?" Misty questioned in concern. "I though you two were friends!"

"Were friends," Jessie sneered. " That friendship ended the day he took those pokeballs and partnered up with that...girl."

Ash and Misty exchanged glances realizing the truth-Team Rocket had indeed separated and now the biggest challenged laid before them-finding James and his new partner before it was too late.

* * * * * *

Days past, and Ash and co. hadn't seen a trace of the newly formed Team Rocket. They were as diabolical as ever. Robbing banks, swiping rare and valuable pokeballs, and stealing everything else they could get their hands on. Rachel had taught James well. Too well, in fact.

Jess couldn't imagine where they could be. All of her training in Team Rocket hadn't helped her one bit. Not at all. Where was he? Did he miss her as much as she missed him?

"Oh, where are they?" Ash sighed in despair.

"I don't know, but my feet are killing me!" Misty whined. "And it's so cold!"

"You should've brought a jacket!" Ash snapped, but when he looked at the shivering girl, he felt concern for her so he removed his vest and handed it to her. "Here, Misty. It's not much, but I hope it helps."

She took it thankfully and wrapped it around her shoulders. She peered keenly at the trainer from Pallet town in awe.

"Thank you, Ash"

"Yeah. Don't mention it." Misty smiled at him and pulled the vest tighter against her to keep warm as Ash tried to hide his blushing face.

"Jessica, freeze!" a Team Rocket member ordered as a whole army surrounded her. Jessie bravely stepped forward to meet her fate.

"Jessie, what are you doing?" Ash asked.

"I'm doing what I should've done a long time ago-given up. I can't run from James or from Team Rocket. I got myself into this, and I'm going to get myself out," Jessie stated.

"You're ours, Jessie!" the member cried, lifting his pistol to her as she matched his gaze. Well, they had her. No way to escape now. She felt as though James himself was hovering over her with the gun, hand gripping the trigger...pulling it...

* * * * * * *

James and Meowth stood quietly before their Boss with Raquel by their side. James stared at the ground his mind wandering as the Boss spouted praises about his and Meowth's improvement.

"You two are doing wonderful. I am proud to have you two honoring Team Rocket the way you are. You've managed to steal so many pokemon that I'm even considering to forget all of the numerous times you failed...James...Meowth," he scolded.

"Don't worry, Boss! We'll keep it up!" Meowth replied hastily.

"See that you do."

"Sir!" came a voice from a walkie-talkie on Boss Giovanni's desk.

"Yes? What is it?"

"We've found Jessica. What should we do with her?"

"Kill her."

"Are you sure, Sir?"

"What?!" James gasped. "You can't!"

"And why not, James?"

"Yes! Why not, James?" Raquel challenged angrily.

James bit his tongue, struggling to keep his feelings inside him. He wanted to say so many things. Because she's my friend! Because I never want to lose her! Because I love her! But he couldn't find the courage to speak back to his feared and respected Boss.

"Because I...I...," James stuttered. Raquel glared at him jealously. She wanted him for herself and she knew already where this was heading. She had to have him! He didn't belong to anyone else, but her-much less that sorry excuse for a Team Rocket member!

"Because why?" Raquel continued. "Because you love her?"

"Well,..." James blushed.

"Sir?" the member questioned again.

"So it's true?" she gasped. "How could you, James? It was supposed to be just us!"

"!" Meowth protested.

"And Meowth. What do you see in her that I don't have?"

"Well,...I see...Jessie. Nobody can ever replace her."

"James,...I love you. Has this 'Jessie' ever said that to you?" she sobbed.

"Well,...no, but..."

"Sir?" the member continued.

"Never mind. Bring her here," Giovanni ordered.

"Yes, sir." Minutes later, the members burst into headquarters holding Jessie captive, while Ash, Misty, and Brock followed. They roughly tossed their prisoner onto the floor. James winced as Jessie lifted herself back to her feet.

"Jess, I..." Jessie turned her back to James and stared at Boss Giovanni so that she wouldn't be caused any pain by looking at him. Giovanni threw a loaded gun toward James. He caught it and glanced at his Boss in confusion.

"James, to prove your loyalty to Team Rocket, I want you to dispose of this excess baggage for me," Giovanni commanded, pointing at Jessie.

"But, sir...," James began.

"Come on, James. Do it for me. Please," Raquel begged, grinning.

"I..." He glanced from the pistol in his hand to the trembling girl before him.

"Go ahead, James. Show your...loyalty," Jessie encouraged, daring him to shoot. Her piercing blue eyes stared right into his soul as he racked his brain for the right answers.

What could he do? What should he do? Then it hit him. He couldn't hurt her. She was a part of him. A part he couldn't live without. No matter what the cost, he couldn't-wouldn't-lose her.

"I...can't," James responded as he threw the gun back at Giovanni. Jessie stared at him in amazement. "Jess, I..."

"James, what about...?" Jessie queried.

"I know, I know. I'm being stupid by letting the job of a lifetime slip through my fingers, but...that's what love does to you," James laughed softly. Suddenly, he felt the grip of Giovanni's henchmen on his shoulder. The time had come for him and Jess.

"No, Boss! Not James!" Raquel pleaded, her eyes brimming with tears.

"What do you have in mind for them?" Giovanni sighed.

"How about me and Jessie have a pokemon battle to decide who gets to stay on Team Rocket?"

"Fine. Get started and make it fast, Raquel."

"A two on two pokemon battle! Let's go-Slowbro!" Raquel shouted as she tossed her pokeball onto the ground and Slowbro popped out.

"Go, Arbok! Glare!" Arbok stared down the large pokemon and paralyzed it. "Now wrap it!" The spikes dug into the snake and it yelped in pain.

"Slowbro, mega punch!" The pokemon whacked into Arbok and he fell onto the ground, unconscious.

"One down. One to go," Raquel smirked confidently.

"Arbok, return! Go, Lickitung! Lick that Slowbro! Show that little brat who's boss!" She recalled her injured pokemon and sent out her Lickitung. Her opponent's Slowbro immediately fainted once Lickitung made contact.

"Not bad for a beginner. Now here's the real challenge. Go, Arcanine!" Ash cringed.

"Arcanine's too powerful! Be careful, Jessie!" he warned.

"I will be!" she assured him. "Lickitung, wrap it!" Lickitung lunged toward Arcanine, but the quick legendary pokemon dodged its attack.

"Finish it off, Arcanine! Ember!" Flames burst from his mouth and scorched Lickitung. Lickitung swayed dizzily, ready to drop.

"No, Lickitung...," James begged. Lickitung collapsed onto the floor.

"I can't believe I lost," Jessie breathed in shock.

"Ha! I won! Looks like the end of the line for you, Jessie!" Raquel cackled. Ash expertly twisted his cap backwards and stepped forward in Jessie's defense as Pikachu climbed onto his shoulder.

"Not yet it isn't!"

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed.

"Go, Pidgeot!" Ash yelled.

"You too, Poliwhirl!" Misty added, but instead of her faithful water pokemon, her dim-witted Psyduck came out. "I wanted Poliwhirl not you! Well, since you're out, you might as well try."

"But you can't!" Raquel protested.

"Team Rocket doesn't play by the rules!" Misty snapped.

"Fine then! Arcanine, take down!" It obediently charged at Ash and Misty's pokemon.

"Pidgeot, look out!" Ash cried. The bird flew out of his path and awaited his next command. Arcanine rammed into Psyduck instead. "Now use sand attack!" Sand and dust circled Arcanine, blocking his view of his opponents.

"Arcanine, tackle that thing!" Raquel screamed. Arcanine leaped out of the tornado of sand and smashed into Misty's pokemon.

"Psyduck!" she cried, rushing to his side. "It's okay. You tried." Suddenly Psyduck's eyes began to glow a sinister shade of yellow and Raquel and Arcanine froze.

"It's Psyduck's disable attack!" Brock exclaimed. Then the pair were hurled into the sky as a result of Psyduck's confusion attack.

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" Raquel screamed.

"You're the best, Psyduck!" Misty gushed, hugging her prized pokemon tightly. Then his eyes began to glow once again. "Psyduck?"

"It's evolving," Brock breathed in awe. Psyduck finally evolved into Golduck!

"Wow! I've finally got my very own Golduck!" Misty squealed in delight. Ash approached James.

"The pokeballs, James," Ash replied.

"Oh, darn. I hoped you wouldn't notice," James smiled as he handed Ash Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

"Thanks, James."

"Don't mention it. Twerp," James grinned. Ash smiled in response.

"Jessie...," Giovanni started.

"Yes, Boss," Jessie responded timidly.

" this is your last chance. Your last chance."

"Oh, thank you, sir! I won't let you down!"

"Jessie,...I'm sorry," James apologized sincerely, shuffling his feet around and staring at the floor so he wouldn't have to make eye contact with her. "For everything. I just..." She covered his mouth.

"Shut up, James. Just shut up. We're friends. We'll always be friends. Truthfully, I...I love ya. There. I said it. Are you happy now, James? Now you have me telling the truth!"

"So you mean you forgive me?"

"Of course." He held out his hand to her invitingly.

"Friends?" Without a moments hesitation, she shook it.

"Friends. Always." Ash and Misty smiled at each other. The dynamic duo-reunited once again. And for always.

"Hey! You forgot about Meowth!" Meowth yelled.



The End!  Email me with comments pleeeeeease!