Rose
                                                           Fanfics                                                           
[Home]   Chapter: [1] [2]

Pictures

Summaries

Voices

Fanart

>Fanfics<

MultiMedia

Schedule

News

AW Interactive

About Me

Sign My Guestbook

View My Guestbook

Links

Home



 

Title: The Broken Watch
Author: Cha
Rated: G
Written: April 2002
E-Mail: animeniacx2713@yahoo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
»Well, originally, this was one of my fics that were going nowhere fast. It started out really good, but in the end, I didn't know what to do with it. So, I decided to change the whole storyline and keep the title, since it went with the idea in my head. This is a CardCaptors story, and since so many people are against the English version (I am, too, but I have nothing against the voice actors, cuz I think they were pretty damn good. It's just I hate how they dubbed the entire series and how they made it run here in the U.S., they cut out all the good episodes!), I decided to use the Japanese names for the characters, since the main ones are obviously Li and Sakura... Syaoran and Sakura. Ok, well, this is my storyline... Sakura's dad got this really good offer for a job that will eventually make him very successful, the problem was it was all the way in New York. So, Sakura had to leave all her friends behind, and the hardest person she had to break the news to was Li... Syaoran. I'm not giving away the whole story, so I'll keep little details out of this. Anyways, Sakura end up moving to New York, and since Syaoran has no more purpose for staying in Japan, moves back to Hong Kong. In other words, they can't keep in touch if they don't know exactly where the other one is.

*Disclaimer: CardCaptor Sakura ain't mine. So, in other words, CardCaptors is, so Li is mine, mine, mine! Muah hahahaha.



Chapter One: Invisible Me

The boy awoke from a sleep that seemed to have lasted forever. Garbage surrounded him, but his memory didn't help to tell him what was going on. 'Where am I?' he thought. He surveyed the area around him, 'What am I doing here?' he asked himself.

"Hey kid, would you mind getting off my bed," a long-bearded man with a shopping cart full of aluminum cans said to him.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the kid said, getting off the flattened box. He heard his voice out loud for the first time, or so that's what it seemed to him. "Where am I?" he asked the man shakily.

"You got a few screws loose up there, kid?" the man retorted, poking him in the head. "This is beautiful New York City... well, it would be beautiful if you appreciate the trash those damn snobs throw down here!"


"What's wrong," Tomoyo asked Sakura.

Sakura snapped out of her trance. "Oh, nothing. I'm really glad you came to stay here for the Holidays, I really am. I miss home... this isn't home for me. I really miss..."

"Syaoran... I know you miss him, but you have to move on. I can't even track him down, and I live in Japan. He's somewhere in Hong Kong, and if I ever figure out where, I'll give him your address or phone number. I promise," she said.

And, as Tomoyo walked away, Sakura faded back... back to that fateful day when she found out about the new future that lay ahead of her.

* * * *

"We're moving to America! New York City, to be precise," Mr. Kinomoto announced to his family.

Sakura was awestruck, "But... why?"

"I got a promotion... a better paying job. But, it has to be in New York... we have to move there," he answered.

"I think that's great, dad," Touya said. "Isn't, monster?" he glared at Sakura.

Sakura put on a fake smile for her dad, "Yeah, great..." she managed to say happily, but sadness was hidden behind it. "When are we leaving?"

"In two days, so pack up and say your goodbyes!" he answered.

Again, Sakura was just blown away. 'Two days?' she thought to herself, 'Is that enough time to say my goodbyes to everyone?' "May I be excused?" she asked.

"Sure," answered her dad, who had started a conversation with Touya about the new job.

Sakura went to her room and quickly started dialing numbers with her phone. "Tomoyo, I'm leaving... going to New York... I'm never gonna see you guys again..." she burst, tears falling freely.

"What all this racket," asked Kero, getting out of his drawer and witnessing Sakura break down into nothing more than a puddle of water.

"Slow down, Sakura. What are you talking about?" Tomoyo said, trying to calm her frustrated friend.

Sakura calmed herself down, "We're moving... we're moving to New York because my dad got a promotion... we're moving away."

"What? No!" Tomoyo screamed. "When are you leaving?"

"In two days," she replied.

"What?!" There was silence for a few moments.

"I can't go to New York," Kero said suddenly.

Sakura looked at him. "Tomoyo... do you think you could take care of Kero while I'm gone?"

"You're coming back, then?"

"I don't really know, but I'm hoping in one day coming back here. I can't be stuck in New York forever!"

"Okay... meet me at the bridge with Kero. I can take him today so you'll have a clear mind while you pack."

"Yeah," Sakura said. She hung up the phone.

"What's happening? Where are we going?" Kero asked.

"You're going to stay with Tomoyo and... and I'm going to go to New York with dad and Touya. We're going to live there, but you have to stay here to make sure no one gets a hold of any of the cards."

Kero nodded his head, but his heart was not into this deal. Sakura picked him up and got out of the house and headed for the bridge.

But when she got there, a figure that didn't belong to Tomoyo looked like he was looking into the clear blue water.

"Syaoran, what are you doing here?" Sakura asked as she approached him.

He straightened up and said, "Uh... nothing."

Sakura was confused by his actions. "Why are you so jumpy?"

He put something into his pocket, "I'm not jumpy." He folded his arms and put on a confused look, "What are you talking about?"

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That thing you just put into your pocket."

Syaoran say that there was no use in lying. He leaned back over the water and took out the watch from his pocket, "Do you remember this?" he asked her without meeting her eyes.

"That... that's the watch that Yukito gave me for Christmas... the one I lost while we were battling Snowy. How did you find it?"

"I asked Yukito to give this to you... and I got jealous when you thought it was from him. I've had it the entire time," he answered, still just talking to the water.

Sakura wasn't sure what to be thinking, "Why... What do you mean you got... jealous?"

Syaoran finally pulled away from the water and looked deeply into Sakura's eyes, "What I mean to say is that I love you... I love you, Sakura."

She didn't expect these words from him, especially not at this time. She broke down and cried at that very instance, and Syaoran wasn't sure what to do.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm moving to New York in two days," she spilled out under the tears.

Syaoran was again caught by the surprise of such news. His instinct brought him to harbor Sakura under his arms. "It's alright. Don't cry. I'll always be right here waiting... for you."

* * * *

"Sakura, your dad says that we should go out and pick up some stuff from the store for his business party," Tomoyo announced to her, snapping her out of her time twisted trance once again.

"Oh, okay," she answered. Her family lived in an apartment complex, but their living environment itself contained 2 floors, 4 rooms, 2 and a half bath, living room, dining room, and kitchen. It was huge. But, once they stepped outside, they were reminded that they weren't in Japan anymore.

Sakura hurried downstairs and as soon as she got down, her dad greeted her, putting his finger over the part of the cordless phone you talk into, "Hey, kiddo, could you run down to the grocery with Touya and pick up these things," he handed her a small list, "and then drop it off at the Drake Center, room 21?"

"Sure, dad," she replied with a smile.

"Thanks, I owe you one," and then he went back to talking on the phone.

Touya led the way out of their apartment and entered an elevator, which the two chattily entered. They went all the way down to the basement level, where all the tenant's cars were parked. It was a dark place, but they found Touya's car in its usual spot. They made they way out of the basement lot and onto the overcrowded streets of New York.

"Wow, the skyscrapers here are beautiful," Tomoyo said in awe.

"Yeah, but its surroundings aren't all that pretty," she said, pointing out all the homeless people. "It must be lonely living in boxes and not making any friends. Not having any friends," she said more to herself than aloud. At that moment, she caught a glimpse of what seemed like a homeless kid. But he seemed different... like, somehow, she knew him. He had a long, black overcoat on that seemed unlikely for a homeless person to wear. His tossed hair was light brown, but anymore than that wasn't available to her because he was facing away from Sakura.

'Syaoran,' she thought, as the car began to move along the road through the traffic. She jumped out of the car, and Touya came to a sudden stop and shouted, "Sakura!" after her as the car behind them beeped.

Once she got out of the car, she was lost among all the faces. She couldn't find her way to the mysterious homeless boy. But as she fought deeper into the crowd of people, a hand grabbed her shoulder. "Sakura, what do you think you're doing?!" Touya screamed at her.

"I... I'm sorry," she answered, hanging her head down.

He didn't forgive her so readily. He just commanded her to get back to the car.

She again looked out of her window and hoped that she could once again find him. 'You told me you'd be waiting for me... but I won't be able to get back to you.'